Recollective is a values-based, multi-disciplinary green building and sustainable community consulting firm comprised of some of the top green building experts in Canada. We have successfully completed 2 million square feet of LEED certified construction with 17 certifications: 3 of which are Platinum, 11 Gold and 3 Silver. We’re currently consulting on over 60 active LEED projects amounting to over 15 million square feet.
As past LEED project application reviewers for the Canada Green Building Council (CaGBC), and with our Principals being faculty members of both CaGBC and Cascadia, we have an in-depth knowledge of what’s required for a successful integrated design, as well as LEED application.
Recollective has extensive experience in building simulations including Dockside Green and Southeast False Creek’s Athletes Village. We are qualified 3rd-party LEED energy model reviewers for the CaGBC, as well as BC Hydro approved energy modelers for conducting BC Hydro High-Performance Building Studies, which assist clients with financial incentives.
Beyond buildings, Recollective also provides consulting services to municipalities and large developers in areas such as sustainable land-use strategies and green building guidelines and policies. Recently, we developed a Carbon-Neutral and LEED Gold Strategy for BC Housing, which we’re applying on 20 new social housing projects throughout Greater Vancouver and the BC Interior.
Recollective is a member of both the Canada and US Green Building Councils (CaGBC, USGBC) and is a practitioner, as well as an educator and advocate of green building. Through volunteer engagement on various local, national and transnational green building committees and boards of directors, including the Canada, US and Cascadia Region Green Building Councils, Recollective is committed to help strengthen and grow the green building movement.
We offer the following core group of services:
- Green building strategies & feasibility studies
- Existing building energy assessments
- Building simulations, including energy modelling, thermal comfort analysis, daylighting studies, and computational fluid dynamics (CFD) studies for natural ventilation and passive cooling
- Green building incentives and funding program coordination and research
- Charrette facilitation and planning / workshops and training
- Sustainable community consulting
- Facilitation and management of LEED projects in New Construction, Commercial Interiors, Core and Shell, Existing Buildings & Neighbourhood Development
- Peer review of construction & LEED documentation
- Facilitation and management of BuiltGreen and Living Building Challenge projects.